Henry Lawrence Usborne
Born September 2nd.1869 at Writtle, Essex.
Married June 12th.1901 at Mary Abbots, Kensington. London
to Margaret Myra, daughter of Sir Frederick Green of Hainault Lodge, Essex.
Henry died 21st August 1954. Buried at Writtle, Essex
Larry was educated at
"chucked him out" of the family home in Writtle to 'make his
He lived with his family at Threshers, Harlow, Essex and at Luptons, South Weald, Essex.
In the 1891 census he was described as a "clerk to stockbroker".
Later he became a "member of the Stock Exchange".
In 1898 he became a partner in the firm of Burge, Brown & Co.
He was a director of The Spanish Lead Syndicate Ltd.
He started a packaging factory in London called Mono
Containers with a subsidiary called Perga Cartons. Their products
ranged from plastic beakers to waxed cardboard containers (for milk, ice
cream etc).During WWII the company made long range fuel tanks for aircraft
which were jettisoned after use.
He became a Justice of the Peace. Larry
enjoyed hunting, shooting and golf.He was also a accomplished woodworker and had a large workshop
cum kennel in the grounds of Threshers.
Threshers was sold in 1948 and he and Myra moved to the Royal Glen Hotel
in Sidmouth.Each had their
own room and he fixed up a private bell system between their rooms.