Parish Church of the
the 1850's Eliza
lived at Midanbury House at Bitterne, near Southampton with her father,
Henry and sister Harriet.
When John died Eliza and Harriet moved in to the new Redcote Vicarage which Henry had built in 1860.
The two sisters donated much of the money (£3,100) for the building of the Parish Church at Bitterne.
It is not certain which of the two sisters paid (£400) for the building of the first Infant School in Bitterne. This "neat red brick building" became the Mission Hall (later Gospel Hall) where popular Saturday lantern slide shows took place, before the wireless killed such entertainment.